Security Level Field Not Showing On issues

Nate Dickinson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

I've added the security level field to the project I'm working on but I can't see it in the issue. I'm an admin/developer/product manager. I can see the field in all of the screen schemes used for my project, but it's not visible in the individual issues. What am I missing? This field is associated to all of my screens within the project, but I have no visibility of it. 

2023-03-31_09-44-33.png

5 answers

3 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

Check your permission scheme to make sure that you have the "Set security level" permission. You can also use the "Find your field" feature under the three-dot menu when you are in the issue detail view, that will tell you why the field is not visible.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nate Dickinson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

Ok, I'm noticing that I now have the lock available, but I can only define this to admins. Where is Jira pulling this from? I'm also only seeing the lock for initiatives and not for tasks and sub tasks. 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

The options are coming from your issue security scheme that you have defined (go to Settings > Issues > Issue security schemes). Here is an example:

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 9.50.40 AM.png

If you do not see the lock on some issues, make sure that security level is on the screens used by those issue types. 

And you can set who can set the security level in your permission scheme for the project, just go to Project settings > Permissions.

Nate Dickinson
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2023

2023-03-31_14-41-59.png

Like Germán Isaurralde likes this
Nate Dickinson
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2023

Thank you Mikael for the help. This helped me solve the issue. I could not figure out why I could only see administrators as an option. Once I gave myself the new security access I could then see the options for security roles. 

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

Hi @Nate Dickinson have you granted yourself the Set Issue Security permission?

Then you should be able to see a padlock in the issue view.

Jira Issue Security Level.png

0 votes
Nate Dickinson
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2023

I now have the lock available but I'm unclear of why there's only the option to see admins at the security level. Where does JS pull this list from? I'm also only seeing the lock at the initiative level and not the task or sub task level. 2023-03-31_11-33-58.png

JJ July 13, 2023

as far as I am informed security levels cannot be maintained on subtask level 

a subtask will always receive the security level of its parent

0 votes
Nate Dickinson
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2023

Where do I go to do the following? 

Once you have set up some Security Levels, be sure to grant the "Set Issue Security" permission to relevant users.

2023-03-31_11-14-48.png

JJ July 13, 2023

It looks like only admins can edit the security level of an issue. If you want to change this. You can select more roles that are allowed to do this. 

Therefore go to the project settings, permissions, issue permission, set issue security

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events