Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Search for a list of multiple issues in order to update in bulk

Hello,

I have a list of issues with external IDs that I get from an excel sheet. The ID is reported into the Summary field of the issue on Jira.

Is there any way to copy/paste those external IDs in the jql request (500+) so that I have the list of the issues I want to update in bulk ? 

Thanks ! 

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Vincent Cailleux 

Welcome to the community.

There is not Jira-native way to do what you want because your criteria for your query needs to look for multiple values in a text field. The syntax for that would be:

Summary ~"<first External ID>" or Summary~"<second External ID>" or Summary~"<third External ID>"

...and so on. You might be able to hack together a Powershell or bash script to create that string by looping through your list, but I think then with 500+ IDs the JQL statement would be too long. Do the IDs have something in common, like the first several characters? If so, then you could try wildcards to reduce the number of ORs in the JQL statement, thus

Summary~"123*" or Summary~"345*"

Hi Trudy,

Thanks for your answer

That's what I was afraid of after multiple unsuccessful attemps ...

Guess I have no choice :/ 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

5,074 views 18 32
Read article

Atlassian Community Events