Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

ScriptRunner not delivering expected results

I have created a filter that uses the following:

resolution = unresolved AND issueFunction in epicsOf(“Project = ‘PROJECTNAME’”) AND NOT issueFunction in epicsOf(“resolution = unresolved”)

My intent is to create a list of epics that are still open (unresolved) but which have no remaining unresolved children (stories, etc). 

This returns a relatively finite list, which I would expect.  Each of the items returned, indeed, do not have any unresolved children.  It appears to be working….until I find another Epic that ALSO has not unresolved children, is part of the PROJECTNAME project, but DOES NOT appear as a search result in the filter.  

Any ideas why?

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @Michael Czyzewski,

and what about a JQL like this:

project = PROJECTNAME AND issuetype = Epic AND resolution = unresolved AND NOT issueFunction in parentsOf("issueFunction in subtasksOf('project = PROJECTNAME AND issuetype = Epic AND issueFunction in hasSubtasks()') AND resolution = unresolved")

?

0 votes

Hi @Michael Czyzewski ,

you could try with this JQL:

project = "PROJECTNAME" AND issuetype = Epic AND resolution = unresolved AND NOT IN (issueFunction in portfolioParentsOf("project = 'PROJECTNAME' AND resolution != unresolved"))

AND NOT IN fails.  I believe it is expecting a field (I.e. AND field NOT IN….)

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events