ScriptRunner - Copy Date field (Date only, not time) to Label field

Matt Noe May 17, 2022

Problem:

I need the issue statistics or 2-dimensional statistic dashboard gadget to group by date.  For our current need, the calendar gadget will not work.

Due to this, I'm trying a workaround where I copy the date from a date field and create a label.  When I copy from the field, the problem is that it creates 3 labels; the date, the time (12-hour format), and AM/PM.  I only want the date to be copied.

Is there a way on a post-function script that ScriptRunner could copy just the date to the custom label field?

1 answer

1 vote
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2022

Hi @Matt Noe you can use the java date routines in scriptrunner.

This example was used to trigger a script in a job that would publish a report to confluence from jira but it's  a good example of using the date functions:

import java.text.SimpleDateFormat
import java.sql.Timestamp
import java.text.DateFormat
import java.util.Date

// retrieve details of the current date so that we can run at midnight first day of month against prior month
def cal = Calendar.instance;
def currentYear = cal.get(Calendar.YEAR);
def currentMonth = cal.get(Calendar.MONTH);

// set the month instance to the start of the previous month
if ( currentMonth == 0 ) {
cal.set(currentYear-1, 11, 1);
} else {
cal.set(currentYear, (currentMonth-1), 1); // comment this line to run the report mid-month for current month
//cal.set(currentYear, (currentMonth), 1); // uncomment this line run the report mid-month re:remove the -1 from (currentMonth-1)
}

// extract the date, and format it to a string
Date previousMonthStart = cal.time;
String previousMonthStartFormatted = previousMonthStart.format('yyyy-MM-dd');
String previousMonthStartFormattedwithName = previousMonthStart.format('MMM-yyyy');
def today = new Date().format('MMM-dd-yyyy'); //for mid-month report run

Here's anther example in the Scriptrunner library

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders