Schedule Issues Permission

Vivek_Pitumbur September 4, 2018

Hi Guys, I have admin role on JIRA and I'm trying to start a sprint and I am getting the following error "We couldn't make that happen because you don't have Schedule Issues permission."

Please advise.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Markov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2018

Hello @Vivek_Pitumbur

Go to the project settings -> Permissions -> Issue permissions -> Schedule Issues

make sure that one of your groups have that permission

Vivek_Pitumbur September 4, 2018

Thanks a lot @Mark Markov 

Much appreciated,

Vivek

Deleted user November 6, 2018

Hello @Mark Markov

I am having the same issue but with closing the sprint. I went through the steps above and I'm still getting the same error, please help.

Error

We couldn't make that happen because you don't have Schedule Issues permission.

Mark Markov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2018

Hello @[deleted]

Try to use Permission helper to find out reasons.

project settings -> Permissions -> Issue permissions -> Permission Helper button

Like Brian B likes this
Anant Jain May 5, 2020

@Mark Markov I have admin rights to a project. I'm getting this error when trying to delete an empty sprint. I get the exact same error as the Op. How do I fix this?

Like # people like this
Eddie Karim June 9, 2022

I'm having the same issue. I'm trying to delete an empty sprint after i removed stories from it. It was never an active sprint. I can't seem to remove it even though i'm an admin and i have scheduling permissions

Alexander Tynetalo June 16, 2022

@Eddie Karim to delete sprint you don't need Schedule issue permission, but the Manage Sprints permission. Please look at your Permission Scheme at check if your role has this permission

Like Oleksandr Tynetalo likes this
Nama Al Hyari January 10, 2023

I'm still facing the same issue although I'm Jira Admin and added myself as single user to both permissions Schedule Issues, and Manage Sprints. Even though there are no issues in the sprint but the message shows Schedule Issues permission, even though I already deleted some other sprints but only this one is stuck with this error.

Megan Koski January 20, 2023

I am having the same issue.  I'm receiving "Error: You cannot perform this operation because you do not have "Schedule" permission" when trying to close a sprint that contains 95 completed issues and 1 incomplete issue.  I'm Jira Admin and have permissions to Schedule Issues and Manage Sprints.  I was able to close a more recent sprint but I can't close a past sprint.  Help.

Solution to my issue:  One or more of the closed issues in the sprint were in a project we had archived and turned off permissions for.  By allowing "Schedule" permission, manage sprints, etc. to the archived project... problem resolved.  FYI for anyone experiencing same.

Like Rafa likes this
Nama Al Hyari January 21, 2023

I think the error message is misleading as I added a ticket to the sprint and started it and then was able to close the sprint normally.

0 votes
LewisGerald March 27, 2023

Nice information...

Suggest an answer