It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Saved Filters on Sidebar is not sorted.

Post the Jira Update, the Saved Filters in my Sidebar is not sorted. It is randomly arranged.

Can someone help me with a way to sort this saved filters in the sidebar? This was getting Auto sorted every time a new filter is saved. But seems like it's not working now.

Steps:

1. Access Filters from Clicking in JIRA Icon -> Filters. 

2. Displays the list of Saved filters.

2 answers

1 vote

Hello Soumya,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site, I created some filters with different initials and the filters are ordered alphabetically on the sidebar under the Starred and also on Manage Filters’ page.

Can you please click on “View all filters” on the sidebar to check if it shows on the correct order?

Are you using special characters or numbers as the initials or just letters?

Is it happening for all users?

If the name of the filters doesn’t contain any private information, if possible, send us a screenshot.

Regards,
Angélica

Thanks for your Reply.

In All Filters, the Sorting is Alphabetical. But in the Sidebar it is not sorted, instead, it is added based on the time it was marked as Favourite/Starred.

It's just the Letters no special character except "-/_" 

It is happening for all Users.

These are few Filters from one of the User

Hi @Soumya Navaneeth and @jadams,

Thank you for the details.

I tested today again and I was able to replicate the issue.

Yesterday I created two filters, one with my name and another one with the name of a project and it was ordered correctly. After checking your comments, I checked our support channel to find other similar cases and then I checked my local site again and to my surprise, the filter with my name that was the first one yesterday was showing as the last one.

I created other filters and did what you mentioned by unstar and star a filter and it keeps changing the position of the links.

Based on that, I created a bug for our dev team to check:

- Filters are not sorted alphabetically 

Please, click on "This affects my team" and also watch to receive updates about the bug.

@Angélica_Luz @Soumya Navaneeth This just started happening to me today as well.  I have several starred filters that show in the Starred filters sidebar.  This list is usually Alphabetized.  But as of today like Soumya, it is now just a randomized list of my starred saved filters.  Can we get this fixed please?

I've been experiencing the same issue over the last couple days.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Metrics Fun: 2019 in Review

Hello, Atlassian Community!  I thought it would be fun to do something different for my teams' last retrospective of 2019 so I'm planning to do a "year in review" with info-graphics.  Wha...

1,412 views 10 12
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you