Sample projects to practice and develop skills

The Chris Remy Project July 12, 2021

I'm trying to develop my skills producing reports and charts in Jira. Are there any sample projects that you can send me where I can work on these skills?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

Hello @The Chris Remy Project 

Welcome to the community.

As per this post:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/How-to-create-a-sample-project-in-Jira-online-with-sample-data/td-p/905687

...you can get a project with sample data by going through the interface to create an Agile board.

1. Click in the Quick Search field in the upper right near your avatar.

2. At the bottom of the pop-up you'll see "Go To All" followed by buttons. Click on the Boards button.

3. Click the Create Board button. You'll get a pop up like this:

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 5.12.15 PM.png

4. Click on the link under the type of board you want. You'll be prompted to accept (or change) the name and key for the sample project.

5. Then click Create Board and the board and project will be created. Note that this will be a Company Managed project, not a Team Managed project.

frederick wheeler March 20, 2022

Thanks.  Exactly what I was looking for !! 

Mohit Garg June 28, 2022

This is really helpful.

Piotr Bańkowski April 17, 2024

Hey, 

where I can find it in the current version of Jira Software?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hello @Piotr Bańkowski 

When you use the SaaS offering of Jira Software you are always on the current version.

Piotr Bańkowski April 18, 2024

thank you, but that's not the answer I am looking for. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2024

Hello @Piotr Bańkowski 

Are you asking where you can find the option to create a board with sample data?

If that is what you are asking, the steps to do that in Jira Cloud are already provided in the answer I provided on July 21, 2021.

Piotr Bańkowski April 18, 2024

After searching for a while, I finally found it. Thank you! I was worried that the location of this option had changed since the original post was made three years ago.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events