SOLVED: Unable to assign a Jira Epic to any other users besides myself (it's not a permission issue)

Jamie Lamberski August 15, 2019

I'm using Cloud version and my permission scheme has not changed and I had this functionality before, but now I can only assign a Jira epic to myself. This problem is only happening in one of my Jira projects. The other projects are working as expected - you see a dropdown of potential users or you can type the user name and it will autofill or you can type the full username and enter to select. 

But in this one project - which has the same permission scheme as the other projects - I can't assign to any other user but myself. There is no user dropdown and when I try typing the full username, it says "no options". 

I've seen a related Jira bug in the past that has since been solved (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-27396), but that bug was simply a 'users non-discoverable in dropdown' bug and users could still work around it and still assign to other users by typing the full username. I am unable to type the full username and assign as I get "no options". 

Any help or insight here is greatly appreciated!! 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jamie Lamberski August 15, 2019

Turns out I had the assignee field missing from my issue layout! When I added it, I was able to start assigning again! 

Suggest an answer