SLA Report - Start Time

Damian Lawera June 1, 2021

Hi Team, 

Hope you're well.

I am trying to create an SLA Report for my tickets. 

Now, the SLA is a bit tricky - regardless of when logged it starts at 8am the next day. Does anyone know how to set that rule? (24hr SLA - Monday - Friday). I need to exclude Bank Holidays too. 

Any help would be great!

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

Hi @Damian Lawera  and welcome to the community!

When an SLA "counts" is set by the calendar linked to the SLA configuration, mainly the calendar.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/create-a-new-calendar/

i'm a bit confused about your question whether you want a 24/5 SLA and exclude the bank holidays or if you want something that starts always the next day at 8am.

if you just want 24/5 (monday - friday) and exclude the holidays, you can just create your own calendar and set the hours of monday-friday ,and then add some holidays.

Damian Lawera June 1, 2021

Thank you for the update, it's much appreciated.

I am still unsure on the 8am next day setting.

Just for clarity

If a call is raised Monday 9am, SLA needs to start counting from 8am Tuesday until 8am Wednesday.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

Hmm, that is indeed a tricky one (and even bad SLA management imho.. )

Could that be translated in to "issues that were created before today?"

If so you could play with the "Issues to display (in JQL)" in your goals and maybe do something like "created < startOfDay()" in my mind this would mean.. 

"this SLA is valid for all issues created before today", if you make sure you use the right calendar this should then only count during the right timeframe.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events