SIL Script: How to add multiple users to the "Approver" or Multi-user field based on the value

Sami Ahmed Shaik March 13, 2021

Hello there,

I am trying to achieve the following scenario using SIL script, please help me.

Fields:

customfield_12345 (single select)

Approvers field (JSM)

Scenario:

1) User selects the value from the single select custom field (customfield_12345) during the ticket creation in JSM.

2) After the transition, multiple users should be added to the Approvers field.

Please help me, what would be the SIL script for the above scenario.

Regards,

Sami Ahmed Shaik.

2 answers

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2021

Hi, @Sami Ahmed Shaik !

It lots depends on business-case.

Why you created select-list before? Who is listed in this field? How often do you need to update this field?

As it looks to me, you should use User Picker (multiple users) field like told here.

User Picker (multiple users)

Choose multiple users from the user base via a popup picker window

Where customer will pick all users that approve they needed.

And you can add SIL-script in post-function, that can check any conditions or rules about your business-case approvers and add correct persons, etc. 

0 votes
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2021

you should just use the casacding select list

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/custom-fields-types-in-classic-projects/

Select list (cascading)

Cascading select fields allow people to narrow their selection list by branching select fields into parents and children options. People select an option from the parent dropdown list and are presented with that options sub-list to select from. Cascading select fields help categorize options in a select list and reduce the number of choices needed to correctly complete the field.

Suggest an answer