Run an automation for a username search - mention in last comment

Leslie Fluri May 22, 2023

Hi!

I am working on creating an automation that will create a comment when a user is mentioned.  So far the automation is running, but it is checking EVERY COMMENT in the issue for the username. I only want it to check the most recent comment for my variable.

What is the JQL I could use to run my rule and only return my action when the username is commented in the MOST RECENT comment only. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Karim ABO HASHISH
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

hi @Leslie Fluri 

Welcome to the community.

I would propose creating a SMART value to get the last comment and then process it later in your automation flow.

{{triggerIssue.comment.last.body}}

Let me know how it went for you and if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Karim

Leslie Fluri May 23, 2023

Thank you @Karim ABO HASHISH !

I implemented that SMART value in the picture below and it seems to not be working - so I have a feeling I implemented it wrong - would you mind giving me your opinion.

2023-05-23_08-46-26.png

Karim ABO HASHISH
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

hi @Leslie Fluri 

Could you please try with Contains Regular Expression instead of contains (check below screenshot). Also use the account id only without any strings.

tuiEnm1cw1.png

Let me know how it went for you.

Cheers,

Karim

Leslie Fluri May 24, 2023

I believe that worked - thank you very much for the help!!

Karim ABO HASHISH
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

hi @Leslie Fluri 

Glad it worked for you 🙂

Please mark the answer as accepted, so it would help other community members looking for a solution to a similar scenario.

Cheers,

Karim

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events