Rules Fields does not contain "Story point estimate"

ehud May 22, 2020

Hi, 

I'm trying to create a rule in the automation app but for some reason the field name for the "Story point estimate" does not exist.

I've also tried using all the other "Story Points" field names but they don't invoke the rule.

Please Help.

In the Rule editor:

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 16.15.41.png

This is the field i'm using in the board:

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 16.15.22.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2020

Hello @ehud

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand you are trying to configure an automation rule (Under project settings > Automation), however, the triggers, actions, and conditions do not display the "Story point estimate" field. Is that correct?

Please, allow me to provide you some concepts about the behavior you are facing so we can confirm we are on the same page here:

I'm afraid the Jira Automation does not work properly for Next-gen projects and do not recognize the Story point estimate field, as explained in the bug reported below:

Two 'Story point estimate' fields in Jira cloud - one is called 'Story Points' the other is 'Story point estimates' 

We are currently working to fix the bug above, so please keep an eye open on that to receive any updates about its fix implementation. As a possible workaround, you can migrate your issues to a Classic project and use the field Story points to estimate it, which displays properly in Automation rules.

Additionally to the information above, I would like to make sure you know that the Story Point Estimate field was created to estimate issues only in Next-gen projects. This field will not work to estimate issues in Classic projects, where you should use the Story Points field, as explained in the top answer of the thread below:

Story point and story point estimate (duplicate?) fields 

Let us know if you have any questions.

ehud May 27, 2020

Hi,

Thanks for that detailed explanation :)

I finally managed to "hack it" by using JQL with the field key for that comparison.

But it would be better when you fix the issue of course.

image.png

Thanks 

Like # people like this
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2020

Hello @ehud 

I'm glad to know you were able to work around your issue. Thank you for providing this information!

Have a nice day.

0 votes
Michael WANG September 6, 2022

Hello @ehud , could you describe more details about how you made it? i am facing the same issue as you. thanks in advance for your help

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events