Rule "Close epic when all stories have been completed" doesn't work

Kochemirova_AA
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 26, 2020

When creating an epic with tasks and following the automation rules nothing changes on the epic status.

Can see when going to the automation dashboard that it says that is successfully completed the action but nothing has changed on the parent task, even after refreshing. Screenshot_3.pngScreenshot_4.pngScreenshot_5.png

3 answers

1 vote
Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2020

So I have enabled the "Close epic when all stories have been completed" Automation rule from "Project automation" and tried to close two of my "Stories" under the parent "Epic" and after refreshing my page the parent Epic was moved to Done. 

Screenshot_1.pngDid you make any changes to the existing Rule or if you have changed anything to your workflow statuses please update the rule accordingly. 

Kochemirova_AA
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 26, 2020

This rule without any changes.

I did it - refreshed my page many times and it can't help.

Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2020

If the rule is enabled and you didn't make any other changes to the rule and if it's still not working and if everything is as you say it is, it sounds like a bug and should probably be escalated to the Atlassian team. Before doing that I would test the same rule on a different project and see if it's any different. 

Jeremy Bottein April 2, 2020

I have the same issue

Eugene Smal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 5, 2020

I have the same issue. 
It worked and then stopped.

Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2020

As this is on Cloud, it is hard to troubleshoot the issue since we don't have access to the logs. So, If the issue is intermittent I would open a ticket with Atlassian Support

0 votes
inger_klekacz June 12, 2023

I have found that the epics still show up in the backlog if they contain issues that are in the current sprint, even if those issues are marked done. I suppose this makes sense, just took me a second to figure out why all of my completed epics disappeared from the backlog except the one that we had just wrapped up during this sprint. :)

0 votes
wanga ngcwayi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 30, 2020

I have the same issue, this feature does not work

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events