Routinely email all issues in a board

Brian Vilnrotter June 14, 2022

Hello all,

Is there a way I can get Jira to email all issues in a board column on a weekly basis?

I've been looking at Jira integrations with Zapier, but I'm having trouble getting exactly what I want.

Thanks for the help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aaron Holm June 14, 2022

Hi @Brian Vilnrotter 

Welcome to the Atlassian community! This sounds like something that could be achieved using a saved filter and filter subscription. The idea would be to write a JQL filter that returns the same results as that specific column in the board. You can then set up a subscription to send out the recurring email. Here is a blog post that discusses Jira filters and filter subscriptions. https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-software/jql-the-most-flexible-way-to-search-jira-3-of-4
I suggest checking that out, feel free to share details about the board column if you'd like assistance with writing a JQL query to match that.

I hope this helps!
Regards,
Aaron Holm

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

Indeed, subscriptions are designed for exactly this sort of thing.

The one note of caution is that they only list the first 50 issues, but that shouldn't be a problem here - I wouldn't expect a column to have 50+ issues, and when it does, the user getting the subscription probably only needs to see the top few anyway, and just be aware the column is busy.Just have a quick think about the "order by" clause you use in the filter.  You probably want "order by rank" of some sort, to line up with the board view.

Brian Vilnrotter June 14, 2022

Thanks so much Aaron!

This isn't exactly what I used in the end, but was exactly the message and information I needed to push me in the right direction.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events