Roll-up estimates to sprint

Emil Obermayr April 23, 2024

I find the feature of roll-up the estimated time for a issue to the parent  issue in a plan very comfortable.

I would also like to see the the rolled-up estimate to the entire sprint. I guess it is not that easy as the sprint is not a type of issue.

Is there any way to see the rolled up estimate for the entire sprint?

This would be very helpful for the "management view" of sprint-planning.

Any ideas or hints?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2024

Hi @Emil Obermayr and welcome to the Community!

If you do the sprint planning from your board backlog, the rolled up estimates are there:

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 10.27.29.png

When you use your scrum board as an issue source for your plan, you can also make sprints visible at the top on the timeline. At that point, your capacity and allocated work are visible by sprint, as you can see in this example:

Change the capacity of an iteration from your timeline in Advanced Roadmaps for Jira Software Cloud.

Hope this helps!

Yes, that helps, many thanks.

Still a question: I tried the Scrum Board, but I could not find the feature to see the sprints at the top at the timeline. How do I achieve this?

I tried the "show capacity on timeline"-setting, but nothing appears on the timeline of my plan

2024-04-24 08_24_03-Timeline - eo test - Plans - Jira – Mozilla Firefox.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events