Roadmaps vs Advanced Roadmaps Dates (date sync?)

Juan Du Toit May 24, 2021

Hi,

A client of ours is using Advanced roadmaps and setting Epic start and end dates based on the stories linked to it (roll-up)

When looking at Roadmaps, those dates for the Epics are different.  

My thinking is that the dates should be the same. If it's not, how do I go about ensuring that Roadmaps is in sync with Advanced Roadmaps?

Regards,

Juan

1 answer

0 votes
Danielle Bonneau May 24, 2021

Hi Juan, is the client saving/publishing their changes in the Advanced Roadmaps?  When updates are made to an Advanced Roadmap plan, there is a blue button that appears in the top right to "Review Changes" > they have to review/publish the changes for that data to disseminate down to the ticket level/regular roadmaps. 

Hi Danielle,

There are some updates not published yet so I will ask them to do it.

Hi Danielle

I had a look again with the following observation

In Advances roadmaps, there are no Changes to be reviewed

When I compare AR with the simple roadmap I can see that there are differences in the start and end date if the dates were not set manually.  In another words, if dates are rolles up in AR, it doesn't carry it over to Roadmaps.

Please see examples below: 

Example of Rolled-up dates in AR that is not synced back to Roadmaps

Example 1

AR

AR Example 1.png

Roadmaps

Roadmaps Example 1.png

Example 2

AR

AR Example 2.png

Roadmaps

Roadmaps Example 2.png

Example of manual set dates in AR that do show in Roadmaps

Example 1

AR

AR_2 Example 1.png

Roadmaps

Roadmaps_2 Example 1.png

Danielle Bonneau May 25, 2021

Hmmm that's very strange. Here are some other ideas:

1. Are you sure that the AR Plan and the Roadmap are referencing the same fields for Start/End date?  I believe it's possible to specify what fields you want to use to display start and end, and I believe both default on setup, but something to double check.

2. Could it be a permissions issue with the client?  Like maybe they have permission to edit the AR, but not to edit the fields in the project?  I believe the project permission is "Schedule Issues" to set a due date.   

Juan Du Toit May 25, 2021

Hi Danielle,

1. They are referencing the same date fields as the dates pull through from AR to Roadmaps if the dates are set manually in AR. The problem is when the dates are rolled up that it gets out of sync between AR and Roadmaps  

2. Unfortunately not the problem as the person scheduling it has all the required permissions.

Suggest an answer