Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Roadmaps for Jira Work Management projects

The timeline feature in Work Management projects is not as full-featured as the roadmap in software projects.  For one, tasks do not roll-up to their parent epics.  There does not seem to be a method to group tasks together using versions either.  Compare:

Screenshot 2021-07-19 101449.jpg

Roadmap:
Screenshot 2021-07-19 102349.jpg

I thought I was going to be clever and create a "master" project for a team where they could view nice roadmaps for their projects.  Nope, roadmaps only work if the issues are in the current project only.

image (17).png

I'm guessing there is no other work-around.

It feels like JWM projects are a little half-baked.  I already have users asking if they can just use the competing product that we migrated them away from.

2 answers

To be clear, the board filter only contained one project, the JWM project.  It did not contain issues from the "master" project where the board resides.

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Jul 19, 2021

Hi Brandon,

Jira Work Management is a very new product and is continuing being improved upon. The Timeline is a different tool than the Roadmap tool, but the Atlassian folks are continuing to upgrade it and make it better. 

Yes, it's clear that it is a work in progress.  It's a bit frustrating that even though we pay for the full Jira Software platform that we can't make use of some of those features.  In fact, in a certain way, some things are harder for us because I'm not allowed to grant our users the ability to create JWM projects.

John Funk Community Leader Jul 20, 2021

Considering that function didn't even exist until a couple of months ago, I don't believe there was a price increase that was charged for this functionality. 

You are missing the point entirely.

I, as an administrator for a Jira Software instance, have less control over how my users are able to utilize JWM templates compared to an admin of a JWM only instance.

John Funk Community Leader Jul 20, 2021

You're right - I don't understand that point at all. That was nowhere in your question - you are comparing apples with oranges between Jira Software projects and Jira Work Management projects. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

⏰ Day in the life of a Jira Admin!

Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...

226 views 2 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you