Roadmap not showing timeline bars for Epics despite selecting 'Schedule child issues by sprints'

Simon Shim May 11, 2023

One of my Jira project's roadmap is not showing the timeline bars next to the Epics despite selecting 'Schedule child issues by sprints'. Each of the board's tickets are placed in active and future sprints and all tickets are mapped to different epics. I've tried the following but nothing has worked:

• Disabled 'Enable the roadmap for Jira project' --> Enabled again
  • Selected 'Schedule child issues by dates' --> 'Schedule child issues by sprints'
  • Deleted the board --> recreated another board
  • Modified the board query so it only has tickets from the current Jira project

Help!

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2023

Hello @Simon Shim 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Does your Epic have its start/end date fields set explicitly? Or are you wanting those to be inferred from the child issues?

If the latter, have you enabled the Roll-up Dates setting?

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 2.38.19 PM.png

Simon Shim May 12, 2023

Thanks for the response Trudy. This was actually the Roadmap that's available within the Jira project and not the Jira Plan that you're showing above. 

I was also able to fix this by creating a new sprint within my board. My sprints were created on a previous board, but the board was deleted. When I created the new board, the sprints from the old board were still there. Once I created new sprints on the new board, I'm now able to see the current/future sprints on the roadmap. Weird bug :) 

Like # people like this
Florin Bicher May 17, 2023

We had the same problem and your solution helped, thanks!

First we had a board using custom filter to collect tasks from several projects. We have no advanced roadmap feature available. Then we needed to work with roadmap and created another board with basic filter. Sprints did not show up on the roadmap. But after creating a sprint from the new board with basic filter it started to work.

Like Simon Shim likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events