Roadmap end date custom field

Renato Francesco Miracco January 18, 2021

Hi, is there any way to change, for Roadmap view, the Due Date field with a custom date field?

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2021

Hi @Renato Francesco Miracco  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I believe that basic roadmaps (like in the Standard edition) rely upon the Due Date field. 

As a work-around, you could use changes to the custom date field to set your Due Date with an automation rule.  For example:

• Trigger: your custom field changes
  • Action: edit issue to set Due Date to your field.  If your custom field was MyDueDate, you would set the value to {{triggerIssue.MyDueDate}}

To learn more about the automation rules, please look at this documentation:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automate-your-jira-cloud-processes-and-workflows/

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/label/all/1453

Best regards,

Bill

Renato Francesco Miracco January 20, 2021

Hi @William Sheboy ,

thank you for your response.

I want to have 2 different date:

• End Date: time something should be delivered
  • Due Date: time something must be done

For this reason I can't use your work-around.

Is there any other possibility?

Best regards,

Renato

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2021

Hi Renato,

If you want both of those dates to display on the roadmap, that may be more than the basic roadmaps can do.  I suggest that you investigate the advanced roadmaps (with Jira Premium version) or look at marketplace for add-on ideas.

Out of curiousity, is your definition of "End Date" meant to indicate when a work item is forecasted to complete, or something else?

Thanks,

Bill

Renato Francesco Miracco January 20, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy ,

I want to have just one date on the basic roadmaps, the end date, representing the time something should be delivered or completed.

The Due Date is used with the other scope.

Thank you,

Renato

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2021

Thanks for explaining your date definitions, which appear to match this timeline:

<---------------------------->                        +
"Start Date" "End Date" "Due Date"

As you confirmed, Jira's Due Date is used on the roadmap to show the range of time for a work item, and other dates are not displayed.

Without any possible marketplace add-on, the only other suggestion I have is to use a separate custom field for your "Must Be Done By Date", rather than using the Jira Due Date field.  That would allow the roadmap to work as designed and give you the additional date field for reporting, analysis, etc.

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events