Roadmap Lost

Chris Gaskett June 7, 2021

The roadmap function was available for our company managed Jira Kanban project but has disappeared from the links on the left hand side for all users. I have followed https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/enable-and-disable-the-roadmap/  but in the settings the Roadmap link under Issue Detail is missing.

left.png

settings.png

I have created a new Kanban project for comparison and the roadmap is present. The roadmap link under settings is also present.

How can I get the roadmap back for my existing project?

Thank you for your help.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted

Hooray! I've found the problem and fixed it.

At some stage I must have accidentally clicked on the "Location" field in the board settings and set it to myself instead of the project it belongs too. Changing it back to the project fixed it.

0 votes
Henri Seymour _Easy Agile_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 7, 2021

Hi there @Chris Gaskett 

From the looks of the Board dropdown, you don't have a Board open in your Project. Either it's not selected or the Board itself has been deleted. 

The Roadmap depends on the Board, not the Project; if this Project doesn't have a Board (anymore), you might need to create one for your Project. 

Here's some docs about Boards that might be useful: 

Kind regards,
Henri, Developer @ Easy Agile  

Thank you Henri,

When I click on the board I get a shorter list on the left that still doesn't include the Roadmap as shown below:

board.png

When I look at the settings for this board by clicking on the ... I get the same list of options as in my initial post (no Roadmap under Issue Detail View.

When I do the same thing for a new empty test board it shows the Roadmap, Issues etc.:

empty.png

Another anomaly I don't understand is that the new empty board shows test-roadmap project, whereas my original project now shows my avatar above the board selection dropdown.

Thanks again,

Chris

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events