Reverse Engineer Documentation

sai kaushik giddalur May 22, 2019

Hi

As a JIRA admin, i want reverse engineer documentation that describes how the Scrum team level projects Stories are connected to program level Kanban Features so that i can better understand linkages between 2 level boards.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2019

"Reverse engineering documentation" does not make much sense if you want to understand the relationships between things.  It sounds to me like you just need to understand what the documentation says.

This suggests you are struggling to understand the documentation.  We can try to help you, but you will need to explain what you think "scrum team level projects stories" and "program level kanban features" are, bearing in mind that these are methodologies that do not directly relate to each other.

sai kaushik giddalur May 26, 2019

Thank you Nic for your response,

So there is no relation between both Srum and Kanban boards?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2019

They have a lot in common, and can be told to show the same sets of issues.

sai kaushik giddalur July 10, 2019

HI Nic, this is what exactly i wanted to ask

how the flow of Stories in the lower level Scrum Boards drive the flow of Features in the Program-level Kanban

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2019

I don't know, because you have not explained what you think "scrum team level projects stories" and "program level kanban features" are, or how you are currently using them.

Your wording also suggests to me (although I could well be completely wrong), that you are thinking Scrum and Kanban are different types of issue or structure.  They are not - they are methodolgies for dealing with issues.  An issue is not "scrum or kanban", because you can handle it with both at the same time.

Suggest an answer