Results of running two subqueries do not add up to the number of results when running the main query

Mouna Hammoudi August 24, 2022

I am running a JQL query to count how many issues have an empty value for the "Components" field versus how many issues have a non empty value for the "Components" field.

Here is the screenshot that I get for my 1st JQL query: `category = "Cloud Services" and component is empty`, the number of results is 6631:

Capture.PNG
Here is the screenshot for my 2nd JQL query: `category = "Cloud Services" and component is not empty`

2TmaY.png

The thing that confuses me is that I get 6631 results for my first query and I get 51372 results for my second result so 51372 +6631 = 58003

However, when I try to retrieve all the issues belonging to the Cloud Services category, I get the following: I get 64879 as a result which does not match 51372 +6631 = 58003 computed above. Anyone knows why? Normally, the total number should correspond to the result of the 3rd screenshot since every issue contains components.

Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Rigo Ewen August 24, 2022

Are there any issuetypes that don't have configured the field "component"? If there is no field "component" in the configuration the result may be "false" no matter if you query "is empty" or "is not empty"

Suggest an answer