Restrict users view of team managed projects

Phill Jones May 27, 2021

I was hoping to find out if there is a way to restrict views of team managed projects for either a single user or based on groups.  I joined this space recently and we need to add a contractor that is working on one specific project (a company managed project). However, we have a good amount of team managed projects in our space and while I have changed all of the permission schemes to meet our needs of being able to add a group which we can lock down to specific projects, I cannot seem to find out how to do that with team managed projects. Does anyone know if there is a way to set a blanket view permission in all team managed projects or will I need to go in and private all of these projects and add the user groups to them so they are able to access it?
P.S. Hopefully this was clear, I can clarify if it's confusing.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

No, there's no blanket permission like that, in either team or company managed projects, you have to amend the permissions for each on (although with company managed projects, you can share permission schemes)

0 votes
Trish Farrington May 11, 2022

You have to lock down all of your team-managed projects to "Private" security and then add in the people/groups you want to have see the project.  We moved all of our internal resources into one group then you/project owner can make them members and then for external resources we added them into smaller groups/project and added their group specifically for the project we want them to see.

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021

Hi, @Phill Jones !

Yes, it possible to make with configuration of project Permission Scheme. 

But it depends on your current configurations. Maybe you just can re-use your existing scheme, if it configured with Project Roles only. 
Maybe you should check and re-configure existing projects too.

Look at this documentation - Manage project permissions .

Good luck!

Phill Jones May 27, 2021

Hi yes, I have done this, but I am referring exclusively to "next-gen" projects, or as they seem to be called now "team-managed" projects.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events