Restrict permissions to Fix Versions Field

David Pleşu April 6, 2023

Hello,

I wnat to Restrict “Fixed version” field so only permitted users can change it, in my case scrum masters or leaders.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

Hi @David Pleşu,

Assuming you work in company managed projects, you cannot restrict editing of a single field with a setting of some sort, but this workaround may help you get there:

Make sure that you have different screens for viewing / editing the issues in your project. That means you might need to add additional screens to the screen schemes used in your project. Remove the fix version field from the edit screen while keeping it on the view screen of your issues.

In the transition in your workflow that you use to set the fix version, add a transition screen to your workflow that has the fix version field on it. Add a workflow condition to that transition so only scrum masters or leaders (probably a user group) can execute that transition.

If you are using team managed projects, this amount of flexibility is not available.

Hope this helps!

David Pleşu April 6, 2023

Thank you !

Erika Palmaer January 23, 2024

I had this same problem! Thank you for a solution!

Suggest an answer