Restrict User Access to one Project

Ilyes Hachani February 9, 2018

I read through other discussions and followed this video still when I login the user can see all the projects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvdVNpgG34M&feature=youtu.be

What I want is to have my internal users access to all projects and have clients access their respective projects only.

3 answers

0 votes
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2018

@Ilyes Hachani Could you post an image of your configurations? 

0 votes
Ilyes Hachani February 9, 2018

I know that and that is what I am trying to accomplish but for some reason it didn't work. ( The documentation either skips something or some configuration made by default is messing with it)

If you take a look at the video you will see what I did.

0 votes
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2018

Hi @Ilyes Hachani you'll need to set up different groups for each company. For example. 

Company Group 1

Company Group 2

Internal Users

Then you'll need to add each user that is a part of those specific Companies to their respective company group. Then you'll add the group to the Users and Roles portion of each project they are meant to be a part of. 

Next you'll want to update the permission scheme to point towards the User and Role that you put the group under. There is a specific permission for Browse Project in the Permission scheme that you'll need to restrict on. 

Here is some documentation you can take a look at. 

Managing Project Roles

Suggest an answer