Restoring lost content from moving issues

Chris McAloney October 6, 2020

I moved some issues from Project 1 to Project 2 without realizing that the "Acceptance Criteria" field in Project 1 wasn't present in Project 2, so my Acceptance Criteria was lost.

Is there any way for me to restore the content from the Acceptance Criteria field, either by reverting the issues to the original project or some other way?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pablo da Silva _ACP-JA_ October 6, 2020

Hello Chris,

If the Acceptance Criteria field context was global, the values are still on the database, you just need to add the field to the project 2 screen in order to see its values.  You may first check the field context, if it is limited to certain projects only, add project 2 on the list, and then add the field to the project 2 screens.

Hope it hels,

Best regards

Crisis averted! Thanks for your help, Pablo

1 vote
Answer accepted
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2020

Hi @Chris McAloney 

Welcome to the community!

I'm not entirely sure whether there is a way of restoring the field - but I will provide a potential workaround for you.

If you add the field to Project 2, you can then use bulk change to update the field for all the issues.  You'll need to do it once per Criteria, so could take a while depending on how many options you have.

Crisis averted! Thanks for your help, Liam

Like Liam Green likes this
Dan Horsfall April 19, 2023

Wow - ok, I just found out that in a JSM project, it's not sufficient to just have the correct issue type, but you also need to select the appropriate request type that matches the fields on the original request, otherwise they still dont show. 

There's also the ... > Find your field tool that can help figure out whats going on! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events