Restore an Issue to a point in its History

will_cummings June 23, 2022

I have an issue (type = Epic) that has had several changes/updates to it over time.  I want to "roll back" to a specific entry in the History log for this issue.  Can that be done?  Or, do I have to painstakingly copy/paste from the history log back into the current instance of the issue?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2022

Hi @will_cummings

Unfortunately you can't. However, you can look into the history and manually revert the changes one by one to ensure it matches the right information.

Regards 

will_cummings June 23, 2022

Thanks Fabian.  I was afraid of that.  Well, at least I now know I can quit beating my head against the wall trying to figure out how....  ;-)

0 votes
Vish Reddy _Revyz_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2022

Hi @will_cummings 

Once you delete something in Jira you have lost that data forever be it issues, attachments or any of the configuration objects.

Thats what inspired us at Revyz to build an app for simplifying backing up your cloud Jira instance which includes issues, attachments, comments, configuration objects and more.

We can also go back point in time and restore as new or update existing objects to what they were at that point in time.

Please visit our market place page to see all things we can help you with protecting your data in your Jira cloud instance - Revyz Backup & Restore 

Additional information is also available at - Revyz Backup & Restore for Jira Software Cloud

Also note Atlassian recommends that you backup your data per the SaaS Shared responsibilities 

I would love to get your feedback on what we are doing and how to improve given an opportunity.

Thank you

Vish

Reference -

Atlassian, Customer Shared Responsibilities - Very good reference doc

Atlassian Security Practices - An excellent reference of Atlassian Security practices

0 votes
Danny Grenzowski _Rewind_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 24, 2022

My team at Rewind built an automated backup and restore app for this problem. Right now, it provides a site-level Restore, but we're working on releasing an item-level Restore feature in Q3 that should be what you are looking for.

Feel free to try it out free for 7 days here: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1226389/rewind-backups

Suggest an answer