It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Restore a deleted Sprint

I deleted a sprint that had open cards/user stories by mistake, I guess.  I didn't realize I deleted it until days later when I tried to assign a user story to it and couldn't find it in my backlog.  From what I read the open stories moved to the next sprint below.  I have a gazillion stories in my backlog and it would be so much easier if there is a way to recover that deleted sprint and restore the stories assigned to it.  Note - I did not "finish" the sprint, I deleted it.  Thank you!!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Nevermind folks.  I found my answer with the help of related content on the right listed.  I wish there was another option besides rebuilding from the database.  Shucks!

Like # people like this

they should really have a confirmation pop up before you can delete a sprint that has assigned tickets or that is in progress. i just deleted a sprint instead of closing it and i did not even get the time to react or undo 

0 votes

You can actually recreate the new Sprint and pull the existing Jira stories that were part of that Sprint back into this new Sprint.

To locate those stories/tasks etc. you can either go to those issues any link issue like version/ Epic / or parent / child link if any is available and locate these issues and assign them to the new Sprint.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Early Access: If you use Jenkins and Jira Software Cloud, you need to read this!

The Jira Software Cloud Team has been busy working on a simple, secure, and reliable way to integrate your build and deployment information from Jenkins with Jira Software Cloud. This means you don’t...

2,092 views 3 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you