Resource not found

Dan Kaminsky January 14, 2021

When trying to login as an active user from the Admin tool I get the following message:

The requested resource could not be found.

How is this resolved?

6 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2021

Hi everyone,

If I understand the problem here, some site-admins are unable to use the log in as another user feature.  I have tried to recreate this problem, but so far I have not seen this error.  I have tried this on both a paid site as well as a Jira Free site.  It seems to be working correctly for me so far.

I found one other support case about this problem and it seems that this was resolved by having the site-admin first login to an incognito/private browser session, and then try to use the log in as user feature there.  If this method works for you, then you might have a corrupted cookie/cache in your non-incognito session of your browser that should be cleared in order to resolve this.

If that does not solve this problem, then I would be interested to try to gather more information about this problem so that we can better try to troubleshoot this. 

If you are a site-admin of a paid site, it would be best to create a support case about this.  You can do that by going to https://support.atlassian.com/contact and select Technical problems & bugs.  It might be necessary to grant site access to Atlassian support to investigate this further.

For site-admins of free sites, you won't be able to create a support case by following those steps above as support for free sites is only provided here in Community.  That said, I am still interested in trying to better understand more about this problem, such as what Cloud site URL you see this problem on, and perhaps which user account you are trying to login as.

Regards,

Andy

Dan Kaminsky January 20, 2021

By clearing my Chrome browser cache the issue was resolved. Thank you.

Like AndresLeon likes this
Suzy Rokke February 5, 2021

incognito worked for me for this same issue.  Thank you for the suggestion!  I'm sure the cache clear would work now too!  

Fernando Valenzuela Jr. June 14, 2021

Thanks,  Clearing cache/cookies fixed this issue for me.

Like Andy Heinzer likes this
Peter Koay October 12, 2021

Yes indeed Clear browser cache works for me too. Thanks for those that had provide the answer before me.

AndresLeon November 19, 2021

Muchas gracias, funciona borrando la caché.

Brian B. December 8, 2022

Incognito worked for me also, thanks!

1 vote
Pooja Jhala March 16, 2021

I am facing same error on user impersonation on JIRA Cloud 

The requested resource could not be found.
0 votes
Mark Thompson November 8, 2022

I had to delete my atlassian cookies before this was resolved for me.  I didn't have to clear everything.  The Atlassian cookie clear worked for me.

0 votes
Scott Smith January 18, 2021

I'm getting the same error

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2021

While there we no incidents visible for the days you posted your question probably still there was some kind of hiccup.
Please let us know here in case the error persists.
Somebody from Community can then try to consolidate and ask some other Community members what is probably happening with the login right now.

Regards,
Daniel

Perrine HUVETEAU March 3, 2021

Hello Daniel
Still having the problem even after clearing my cash.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2021

You could refer to the steps Andy Heinzer mentioned above but in case the error persists it might make sense to create a new thread in Community - this one is quite old.
Alternatively, if the steps do not help, please refer to Atlassian Support.

From Community this is not fixable beside giving the usual tips - we do not have access to your cloud site.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

Hi Dan,

Please follow the link here https://admin.atlassian.com and confirm whether you can see the Organization you have created and may I know what the admin tool is.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Thyagaraj Gopalakrishna January 15, 2021

Something wrong with the Jira Cloud. Facing same error while trying to login as other user.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events