Required field

AgileHappyLearner April 14, 2023

Two issues, same issue type, same workflow schema, same workflow, I could close one of them and can't close the other, I receive a message indicating that I cannot close it because a field needs to be completed but it is a field that is not configured for this type of incident and I have closed many others without it. I have already looked at the workflow in detail and it does not have any validator configured that requests the field for that type of incident, could you give me any clue where else to look?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2023

Hi @AgileHappyLearner ,

Can you see if the field in the issue that you can close is filled?
Has an 'required' been set up in Field Configuration?

What does the notification look like? Do you have a screenshot?

regards, Marco

AgileHappyLearner April 14, 2023

Hello, no, the field is not filled because is not configured in the screen for this kind of issue, indeed, is not filled in any of the other issues I already closed and have the same issuetype. The notification is "Please select the target fix Version for the works done in the task"

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2023

Hi @AgileHappyLearner ,

A strange situation indeed.

The things I think about is a validator on a transition (especially given the text that is shown), or whether the FixVersion is filled "under water" in the other issue(s), or whether it concerns different issue types.
But these are things you already rule out.

Or is it the case that sub-tasks or linked issues are handled via a postfunction or automation and the notification is about this sub-task or linked issue?

Regards, Marco

AgileHappyLearner April 17, 2023

Hello, regarding your last comment, no, this issues don't have sub-tasks or linked issues. I honestly don't know what could be happening, no other issue can have the FixVersion field filled "underwater" because indeed, there is no FixVersion (releases) defined for this project. Thanks anyway for your ideas about where to look.

Like Marco Brundel likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events