Require field on status change

Danny Anders April 21, 2013

I am using jira on demand. I am creating many issues as an administrator. How do I make it so an assignee must update a field before changeing the status.

Specifically, when I create an issue, there is no estimate. After I asign it to a developer, I want them to enter their estimate before it goes into "in progress"

1 answer

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2013

Hi Danny

You can apply a workflow validator.

Validators check that any input made to the transition is valid before the transition is performed. For example, validators can be used to ensure that comments on a transition's screen meet a certain project permission criterion.

For more information, you may refer to this documentation: Advanced Workflow Configuration

Hope it helps !

Cheers :)

Michal Husar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2013

Hi Danny,

how said Daryl, you can do this in workflow desginer. If you want validator "Fields required", please enable free plugin "JIRA Suite Utilities"(contains this and some more validators).

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2013

Also, do vote and watch on this ticket. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5783

Suggest an answer