Require field on status change

I am using jira on demand. I am creating many issues as an administrator. How do I make it so an assignee must update a field before changeing the status.

Specifically, when I create an issue, there is no estimate. After I asign it to a developer, I want them to enter their estimate before it goes into "in progress"

1 answer

0 votes
Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team Apr 21, 2013

Hi Danny

You can apply a workflow validator.

Validators check that any input made to the transition is valid before the transition is performed. For example, validators can be used to ensure that comments on a transition's screen meet a certain project permission criterion.

For more information, you may refer to this documentation: Advanced Workflow Configuration

Hope it helps !

Cheers :)

Hi Danny,

how said Daryl, you can do this in workflow desginer. If you want validator "Fields required", please enable free plugin "JIRA Suite Utilities"(contains this and some more validators).

Also, do vote and watch on this ticket. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5783

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

3,057 views 8 7
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you