Reports in jira

Shreshtha April 26, 2021

Is it possible to generate report for a scrum project to check the progress of a project , in which tickets are not assigned estimated hours, neither the sprint is consistent i.e sprints are of 1 month, 3 months etc like this.  pls reply how and what is the exact method so that i can monitor the status of my project,s growth.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

Hello @Shreshtha 

Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? My response is for a Company Managed project.

You must first establish what you are going to measure as an indication of progress.

If time estimation and time tracking are not used consistently, the it does not appear that you could use time as a measure of progress.

You could measure progress based on how many total issues are in the project compared to how many issues are completed. For that you could use the Cumulative Flow Diagram that is available from the Reports section of the Scrum board. If you have multiple Scrum boards for your project with each board filtered to show only some of the issues in the project, then you will need to create an additional board that has a filter for getting all the issues in the project. Then the associated Cumulative Flow Diagram will include all the project issues.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events