Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Reporting - sprint burndown is not showing completed tasks as completed

I have a sprint that is completed with multiple tasks in it all marked status completed but they are not being shown as completed in the report.  I have included pics below.

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 3.38.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-12 at 3.37.53 PM.png

I have looked through setting options and confirmed that our Status 'Completed'  is using a Done status. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 3.42.55 PM.png

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

The burndown chart will consider the issue "completed" only if the issue is in a status that maps to the column farthest to the right on your board. Per your image the Completed status is not mapped to the column farthest to the right. Per your image only the issues in the On Hold status will be considered "completed" for burndown/up charts, Velocity reports, and other Agile reports that compare incomplete/complete work.

Thanks for that tidbit.  I will make the adjustment and see if it helps.

Hi Trudy,

Thank you for this info.  I made the change and it now is showing properly.  I'm new here and they have been trying to figure this out for months.  You rock!

Thanks you.

Bill

@Bill Redford 

I forgot to say "Welcome to the community" :)

And, you're welcome!

I noticed in your image that you have multiple "done" statuses - Completed and Cancelled. Note that if you want the agile reports to consider issues in both of these statuses as "complete" then those status both have to be in the right-most column of your board.

Can you confirm the issues are resolved (resolution date / resolution) set?

Hi BD,

Thank you for responding but it was as simple as moving the Completed column to the far right.  

Bill

Like Bruce D likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events