Reporting / Filtering Question

Bill Youngman December 9, 2021

I'm currently using the Time in Status report to generate a report of how long each ticket spent in each status (e.g. Open, In Progress, Resolved, Closed, Paused, Reopened) and what I'm seeing is it appears that each ticket is rolling up the time aggregates to the last person assigned a ticket. It appears that it is now tracking In Progress work as a ticket is reassigned for another person to do work on it.

Whoever has the ticket last gets credit for all the work (for better or worse) and the other people don't. Our management are using the reports for resource tracking - who's doing what and how much time are they spend on it so it is critical that everybody gets credit for the work they are doing.

I could be missing something in this application but in case I'm not how could I write a JQL query filter for this type of reporting?

Thank you,

Bill

2 answers

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 10, 2021
Bill Youngman December 10, 2021

Rahul,

The one that I am using is SaaSJet - it is the one that corporate has us using. We have no say in the matter.

-Bill

Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 10, 2021

Thanks @Bill Youngman for clarifying

Karolina Wons_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2021

Hello @Bill Youngman 

I'm a marketing manager from SaaSJet. Please, write our support team to solve your issue. 

OR

you can use a Pivot table function in our Time in Status for Jira Cloud. You just need to set up pivots as it's displayed below:

image (41).png

Regards, Karolina

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2021

I think you can use the "Any Field Duration" option to capture how long it was assigned to each person, but you'd have to experiment with the metrics you use to track 'work' during that time.

I just messed around with the Any Field duration and can track a few statistics per person, but we don't use time tracking on our projects, so I am not 100% sure it will work unless your team is very good about updating tickets as they work on them.

TLDR, try "any field duration" in the TIS app itself, found under Apps (next to the Create button). I find that to be the easiest interface to explore, then use that info to create a dashboard with the metrics you need

Bill Youngman December 10, 2021

Thanks Chris I'll give it a try and post here what I find out

-Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events