Ayush Lawania May 2, 2023

Need to create a report where I can see the issue count for status flipped in from one status to another.please help

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Hi @Ayush Lawania 

In order to achieve this you have first to create the filters which will show the results you want.

1. E.g. if you want to see which issues changed from status A to status B, then you can write a JQL like: project = you_project_name and status CHANGED FROM "A" TO "B" 
  2. Save the above search as a filter
  3. Repeat steps 1-2 to create your filters for your statuses
  4. Go to an existing Dashboard > Edit (or create a new dashboard)
  5. Add a gadget e.g. "Filter Counts"> Select a filter
  6. Select the Status variable
  7. Repeat steps 5-7 to add more for the other statuses

Keep in mind that you could also use Issue statistics or Two Dimensional Filter Statistics to get the same results.

Let me know if you got this!

Ayush Lawania May 3, 2023

Is there any other way to achieve this, also I am using easybi reporting extension in jira, if you could help me out with that as well then it would be really helpful.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Unfortunately I don't have eazyBI but you can start by reading their documentation here https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi?eazybi-for-jira This ought to help you accomplish what you want!

I tried using the steps which you mentioned above but it seems to be not working, i created the jql query for to do to in progress status but it shows completed status as well...jql used was: project= "Integration- Marketing" and status changed FROM "TO DO" TO "IN PROGRESS"

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

Without a visual, can't really understand a lot..

Where are these issues showing? On the search results? On your dashboard? 

On search results, and using this method it just shows the count of issue in statuses, but not the number of issues converted from one status to another 

tmp_01dbab14-a3f4-473f-b367-3aeaceb6106b.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

Then try using:

project= "Integration- Marketing" and status changed FROM "TO DO" TO "IN PROGRESS" and status = "In progress"

The above should get you the results you want.

As a count which field should i select in the gadget 

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

Whichever you want. It doesn't really matter, since you will only count the results.

But like this I got to create multiple filters right, is it possible to show all status in one filter instead of creating multiple filters

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

With the solution I provided, no, unfortunately. Perhaps eazyBI has another method of calling the changed operator and present it will all the results together. To be honest I don't know if that's possible.

My boss wants to see the number of issues that are changed from one status to another in a day, and that he needs to see everyday...how can we achieve that?

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

Adding the following JQL in a single filter:

project = YOURPROJECTNAME and status changed BEFORE endOfDay(-1) AFTER startOfDay(-1)

will yield ALL issues that changed status yesterday. No, if you take the above filter and place it on a 2D filter gadget, you will get an image like:

status changed.png

Now, the above image would satisfy the needs of your requirement "the number of issues that are changed from one status to another in a day".

Placing it on a dashboard, will change automatically each day.

Can I enter the name of multiple projects in the jql query?

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

So the above solution works for you?

You can erase completely the "project = " to include all projects. Or you can write project in ("project a", "project b", "project c") to include the desirable projects.

project = ( "Integration- Actuarial","Integration- Claims & Ops","Integration- Consumer Direct","Integration- Credit Union","Integration - Direct Sales","Integration- Finance and Accounting","Integration- HR","Integration - Indirect Sales","Integration- IT","Integration- Legal & Compliance","Integration- Marketing","Integration- Product Development","Integration- Risk","Integration- Wealth Building")and status changed BEFORE endOfDay(-1) AFTER startOfDay(-1)

I have added all the projects which I need to display on dashboard, but it shows an error

Sorry, i forgot to add "in" operator instead of equals to operator, it works now...just one last ques, the query "before end of day(-1) after startofday(-1)" what does it depicts? Does it shows the result of current day or is it yesterday's result?

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

Yes, because you didn't write "project in ()". You can't use the equal sign when you have multiple values in a parenthesis.

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

@Ayush Lawania as I mentioned earlier:

toldya.png

This means that each day you run this filter, it will always yield the results of the previous day.

Thanks for helping, and if I am correct, the count in each status relates to the number to issue were there in that status yesterday right?

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

No. The 2D gadget I pasted in a previous comment, using the latest JQL I showed you, will show:

• All issues of the XX specific projects,
  • Which transitioned to THAT status (as seen in the gadget)
  • The previous day

This mean that the above JQL can include changes to more that one status. E.g. I have an issue which yesterday transitioned from TODO, to In Progress and then to DONE. This will be seen in the gadget in the column DONE only one time.

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

@Ayush Lawania did you solve your problem? If yes, then kindly mark my answer as accepted in order to help others in the community with similar questions. Much appreciated!

Yeah it solves my query, but I am having hard time to understand how it works and how to read this report.

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

Can you post please a screenshot of your 2D filter gadget?

tmp_7f9b31e2-1f4e-4c62-b06d-bcc53c20d082.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

So, you tell your boss that:

Yesterday, 2 issues of type stories were transitioned to In Progress, 4 to ToDo and 9 to Completed. And 8 issues of type subtask were transitioned to In Progress and 2 to ToDo.

Great, thanks 

0 votes
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 4, 2023

Hello @Ayush Lawania 

As an alternative , I guess you can try Time in Status  for Jira Cloud (developed by my SaaSJet team) with 7 types of status time reports can help you with this. 

All your information about time that your team spent working on tickets in specific verticals during the year will be show up here.

For example

• Status Count,
  • Transition Count

GIF TIS.gif

This add-on  has a 30-day free trial version.
Please, let me know if you have any questions

Hope it helps,
Valeriia

0 votes
Ilze Leite-Apine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2023

Hi @Ayush Lawania 

Here is Ilze from eazyBI. As you have eazyBI, you my create a report there.

For that,

• use measure "Transition to status issues count" together with "Transition Status" dimension (expand to statuses) in the report columns;
  • add some dimension in rows (Project or Issue type would work, the  data for totals will be the same);
  • add Time dimension in Pages for filtering by a period when transitions happened. Select calculated member "Today" or "Yesterday" to always show issues with transitions to statuses for that day.

See how the final report table would look (I used "Current year" as Time period because I do not have good data for "Today"):

If you have the "Issue type" dimension in rows, you can expand it to show numbers by issue type.

If you want to show only numbers without table, switch from Table to Gauge and select the option "Only values".

Hope this report answers your questions!

Best,

Ilze, support@eazybi.com

Am not able to see the images which you have attached here, can you please attach them again.

Ilze Leite-Apine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2023

Hi, I am sorry for that!

Below is the initial table report:

Table report.png

This is the same report, Gauge chart view, with the "Only values" option selected:

Gauge report.png

Are they visible now?

Ilze

Does this update on daily basis?

Am not able to set the time to today and yesterday, can you help with that?

Ilze Leite-Apine
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2023

Sure.

1. How to set filter for today and yesterday.

You may want to create calculated members in Time dimension that always retrieve the current day or yesterday. Read here how to create a calculated member in Time dimension: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/calculated-measures-and-members/calculated-members-in-time-dimension 

The formula for "Today" member would be the following:

Aggregate({[Time].[Day].CurrentdateMember})

For"Yesterday", you would create another member with the following calculation:

Aggregate({[Time].[Day].CurrentdateMember.PrevMember})

When you have created needed members, select them in dimension and then from the dropdown:

select time.png

2. Now, about data refresh.

eazyBI is a non-real-time analysis tool, which means that data are imported from Jira into the eazyBI database and reports are built on data located in the eazyBI database.  When you open the report, there would be based on the latest imported data. 

We suggest setting regular data imports every day (data import would be automatic and incremental): https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira#DatafromJira-Regularimportfrequency 

About Time members: they are dynamic, "Today" member would show data that happened on that day (and are already imported), while "Yesterday" will always show transitions that happened a day before.

If you want to show the latest data, you may run data import manually (it also will be incremental) right before opening the report.

Best,

Ilze

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events