Report data permissions

trzcinskid0 August 27, 2021

Hello,

I was thinking if in JIRA is functionality to restrict access to data in public report. I will try to clarify this by example:

1. Likewise, I create report/dashboard with view of all my projects, project statuses, project schedules.

2. In my report, I can “drill-down” data. It means that from all project statuses diagram I can click on status “in progress” and then JIRA shows a list of all projects with their statuses. In next order, I can click a specific project and get it details.

3. I want to have above report as internal with full permissions only to me as admin. But I also want to share this report to the public, but without permission to “drill-down”. As in above example public can only see all project statuses diagram but can't click to see what projects have status “in progress”. Or, if it will be configured that way, the public can see a list of projects with status “in progress” but they can't see project, from the list, details.

Please tell me if it is configurable in JIRA (JIRA Software, JIRA Core, JIRA Confluence) or in JIRA plugins. I mean all version with paid versions. I want to know this answer because it is primary requirement for JIRA to be considered as worthy of implementation.

Best

Damian

3 answers

0 votes
Sai_ManageEngine_AnalyticsPlus
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 13, 2021

Hello @trzcinskid0 

Have you tried the Analytics Plus app for Jira Software? It's a custom-built analytics application for Jira Software that you can use to create dashboards and reports. It also offers 150+ pre-built reports and dashboards straight out of the box to help you get instant insights into your project data. The app comes with an AI-assistant. So, if you need to see a report, just speak and let the AI-assistant build your report for you.

Using Analytics Plus, you can,
1. Create your own custom reports and dashboards to report on progress of tasks, issues, epics, and more.
2. Drill-down into reports to view underlying data, and perform root cause analysis. For instance, if there's a bar graph that shows the number of projects in various statuses, you can click on any status, say in-progress, and drill down to see details about the projects in 'in-progress' status. (Sample report below)
3. Use trend forecasting to predict, plan and map out project plans accurately.
4. Compare past project plans and completion schedules to measure the effectiveness of your project plans
5. Tag other stakeholders and discuss project plans from within the app.
6. Share reports with other users easily.

If you're interested in trying out Analytics Plus, download the free trial here.

Artboard.png

Disclaimer: I'm a product expert for Analytics Plus app.

0 votes
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 13, 2021

Hi @trzcinskid0 ,

If you are up for a commercial app, we provide Dashboard Hub for Jira. This app allows you to create reports with metrics of your choice (e.g., projects, project statuses), and create a secure link to share externally. For example Agile Team dashboard  or ITSM dashboard.

If you need a demo or a tour, just let me know!

Regards

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2021

Hello @trzcinskid0,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When it comes to sharing a dashboard, people will be able to view the data if they are internal licensed users with permission to the project or, in order for people without a license to view it, the project, filter, and dashboard must be shared with the public.

When opening a project to the public (Browse projects permission) and sharing a filter with the public, anyone on the internet will be able to view the tickets.

With this said, if you share a dashboard with the public, they will be able to view the tickets from Filters > Advanced search as well, so what you need it’s not possible. 

In order to see the results on a gadget, the filters and projects must also be public.

This option is not available on Free plans, so in case you want to test, you can upgrade your plan to standard in order to change the permissions and then access your own site using incognito mode to see how people will see your dashboard.

I searched for add-ons related to dashboards and reports but didn’t find any that would allow it to share with the public without changing permissions.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer