Replacing value in customfield with a smart value from properites

Iga G December 13, 2022

Hello Team,

I want to exchange a value in the backend of a user customfield, which is based on an email address. I checked in the API and the smart value for the field is {{issue.customfield_10248.emailAddress}}

I want to exchange this emailAdress within this field customfield_10248 with an email address value from a different smart value from the project. This is the smart value for  the NEW email adress.
{{issue.properties."wayfair.waystation.supplier.metadata".supplierRelationshipManager.email}}

I tried to use a replace string, but it didn't work.

I assume i should change it with the Automation in Edit Issue using with the Advanced fields Option. This is what i added but it doesn't work. 

{
"fields": {
"customfield_10248.emailAddress":{{issue.properties."wayfair.waystation.supplier.metadata".supplierRelationshipManager.email}}
}
}

Would be very grateful for some tips!

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

Hi @Iga G -

What's the name of your custom field? Is it the User Picker type?

You should be able to simply select it in the Edit action from the "Choose fields to set..." drop-down (in my example below the field name is "Executor"), and then enter your smart value for the issue property, like so: 

Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 5.18.48 PM.png

Suggest an answer