Replacement for Microsoft Project

Bernard Clowes May 24, 2023

I am looking for a preferably free implementation of Microsoft Project preferably integrated with Jira.

Has anybody got a recommendation?

Many Thanks, Bernie

2 answers

0 votes
Bernard Clowes May 25, 2023

Guess I too had reached that conclusion Valerie...

Currently using Project Plan 365 which does a lot of what I want and is cheaper...

Was just wondering if there was anything better out there...

Thanks for you support, Bernie

0 votes
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi @Bernard Clowes , thanks for your question.

For free, or already included if you have Jira Software in the cloud, you could try the Timeline view in Jira Work Management.

image.png

To be clear, it is not the same tool as Microsoft Project. However, you can view Jira data in a calendar format. You can have work breakdown structure / hierarchy of issues and you can set dependencies using issue links.

You can set up a team-managed project in a few minutes and see what you think. Otherwise, I think for something more powerful, you would need an app, something like Structure, Advanced Roadmaps / Plans or BigPicture.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Bernard Clowes May 24, 2023

Thanks for your prompt response Valerie - I appreciate it.

However I am looking for something a little more complex and more a al Project.

Regards, Bernie

Like Valerie Knapp likes this
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi @Bernard Clowes , thanks for your response. As I said, I think for free, you will struggle to find anything that compares to MS Project. The closest you can get in Jira are paid solutions like BigPicture or Structure.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events