Reopen a Sprint without issues

Aleks November 17, 2017

Hi

I have a sprint without issues which is closed. Now i can't delete this sprint, becuase it doesen't have any issues. Is it possible to delete this sprint?

Kind regards 

Aleks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2017

Hi Aleks,

The ability to delete a closed sprint has only recently been added to Jira Server, starting with the 7.5.0 release.   This is something requested in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-9220

However I think it's worth exploring the possibility that this sprint isn't actually empty, but just appears empty on this specific board.  This could be possible if this sprint originated from another board, and at least one issue was moved from that source project into this new project while the sprint was active.   When this happens, the sprint is actually expected to appear on both boards.    This scenario is explained in Sprints shared between multiple boards.

I suspect that this sprint is showing here correctly.   If it has 0 issues in it now, then either the board filter on that board no longer matches the issues in question or perhaps the issue has been since deleted from Jira.

But I would caution that deleting this sprint here could have other negative repercussions in regards to the reporting in other projects.  For example, if this is the same sprint in another project, it might not be possible to delete this sprint from this board without also deleting the sprint from the other board.  And if you delete this sprint, it would likely skew much of the agile reporting for that other project that uses that sprint as a data set.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Andy

Suggest an answer