Removing a verified domain

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2020

Hi! I am the admin for a cloud instance that is managed with a verified domain. Our company was acquired and I want to remove the verified domain (and make the instance unmanaged) but before I do that, I want to make sure there aren't any unintended consequences. Is there anything I need to change in the configuration before I remove the verified domain? There are only a few users left but I want to make sure those user can still access everything until we are ready to shut that instance down completely. 

Thx! 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hazwan Ariffin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2020

Just be aware that once you removed the domain, the accounts from that domain would no longer be managed by the org admin. Any sso that has been set up of that domain will no longer be working, so users wouldn't be able to login using SSO. Basically, all Atlassian Access features are no longer applicable to the affected users.

And also be noted, there would be a notification sent out to these users that they are no longer a managed account.

If you're fine with that, then go ahead! :)

Philippe AZOULAY January 18, 2021

it sounds that the impact is not limited to this : the users below that domain are also removed from the list of users of confluence / jira (even if they are not in a managed domain anymore as they were before we install Access module). Did I mis understand ?

0 votes
Kevin Gérard November 30, 2021

In case one uses the verified domain + User provisioning.

if one would remove the domain, but retain the User provisioning, would that work? 

That way the only accounts that are synced are those who are passed through the provisioning. 

This would help me limiting the amount of profiles loaded drastically!

Suggest an answer