Remove trusted-user role from Administer Jira Global Permissions

Kasturee September 30, 2022

Good day

Is it possible to remove the trusted-users role from automatically having the "Administer Jira" Global permission. We are not going to add users to this role but we want to make sure that no admin by mistake gives a user the trusted-user role permission which in turn gives them admin permissions in Jira.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2022

Hi @Kasturee The trusted user role has been discontinued for the improved user management experience.

Essentially, a trusted user is a site administrator without access to the User management area.

Kasturee September 30, 2022

Thanks Dave. I still see the trusted user role available in the Role drop down when I go to a user's profile.

Is there a way to delete it from the Administer Jira Global Permissions.Administer Jira Permissions.GIF

Like # people like this
Sahia Ascaño 15 July 4, 2023

Hi  po

Danny Morales August 10, 2023

I still have the option for trusted user. I need to remove it from Administer Jira Global Permissions. I don't see any way to see who has this permission but they are still able to create projects which is causing us issues.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events