Remove/replace native jira menu link

Jakub Papcun March 21, 2012

Hi,

is it possible to remove a menu item from the menu (for example menu for More Actions in any issue - let's say I want to remove link to Clone operation) that belongs to jira itself and not to my plugin. Or replace/override the menu item that already is there with my own web-item?

Thanks for any help

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2012

The menu items are implemented in JIRA as plugins. For example, issue operations can be disabled by going to Administration > Plugins> System Plugins and disabling the appropriate moduel in Issue Operations Plugin.

Remember, the change will be global. i.e. across projects.

Jakub Papcun March 22, 2012

Great thank you that helped a lot. Is there a way to "override" this link and display my own i.e. dialog instead of JIRA dialog when clicking on JIRA menu item?

Ricardo Solar November 14, 2013

Hi,

I've tried to follow your instructions in order to disable the issue native menu but couldn't find the plugins in the described path...

I'am using JIRA v6.1.1 and service desk addon, is this still possible to do on this version?

Thanks for your help

0 votes
Kubo Grznarik January 24, 2014

The plugin is called Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Header Plugin and in this plugin you should disable "Help Menu Panel"

Suggest an answer