Remove "On-call schedule" link in JIRA project (Opsgenie)

Zoltán Lehóczky February 23, 2020

Suddenly an "On-call schedule" link appeared in all our JIRA projects which is an ad for Opsgenie. We have no interest in using Opsgenie and don't want the clutter on our project pages. How can this link be removed? 

I couldn't find any settings under the project nor under the system, Google doesn't help nor does this site. Anybody with a solution?

8 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Zoltán Lehóczky March 3, 2020

You can turn this off, but it's not intuitive where, Atlassian support helped me: Click on "On-call schedule", then "Try OpsGenie", and finally then you'll see a link to "Turn off these messages". For me this process is similar to the infamous often repeated sentence from the glory days of Windows: "To shut down the computer, click the Start menu..." :).

Selecting to turn off for On-call schedules there just turns it off for the current project though, despite the hint there saying "This option turns off on-call schedules for everyone using Jira Software on this site." If you want to turn it off for all projects then you have to turn off all product suggestions.

Niclas Wunderer March 3, 2020

Wow thank you so much! 

Like Jeanne Nicole likes this
peter.casey March 25, 2020

This doesn't seem to work any more.

Like # people like this
3 votes
David Romić February 28, 2020

This is absurd, can't believe that there's someone in Atlassian who thinks this was a smart move.

Even the "Pages" button is annoying, but at least it's an opt-out.

1 vote
Rochelle_Smits-Seemann April 8, 2020

Any update or resolution for this? 

1 vote
Angelo Loria March 3, 2020

You can disable all product suggestions under https://admin.atlassian.com -> Discover Applications. It's a joke that it's an opt-out system.

edit: page seems to have been changed, I can no longer find this option

Ben Ernst March 3, 2020

I don't see an option to disable product suggestions.

Zoltán Lehóczky March 3, 2020

I don't see an option for that either, just a list of a lot of products.

1 vote
Niclas Wunderer February 24, 2020

I have the same problem. Its pretty ridiculous to force something on the users without an opt-out defined. 

0 votes
Pipe Galera December 7, 2021

How we opt-out "On-Call" ?
We've been trying for the last hour, searching in online forums and seems that it is Atlassian goal to make this impossible.
We don't want this feature and we cannot even opt-out, it is absurd and makes the product annoying.
I don't understand that we are paying for Enterprise licenses and have to deal with ads. 
Martin Hilbig [team neusta] December 8, 2021

I found this only on project level in  Project Settings > Functions > Operations - you can disable it there for each project.

I 100% agree that having ads in an enterprise product is a big no-go and has raised eyebrows among our clients

0 votes
Paul Benario July 27, 2021

Supporting this thread. This just showed up for us recently, and we do NOT use opsgenie. All of our projects somehow got opted into this useless link (it literally did nothing when clicking on it).

How can this be disabled for an instance and NOT show up by default for new projects?

Atlassian - please help!!

Martin Hilbig [team neusta] November 16, 2021

I found this only on project level in  Project Settings > Functions > Operations - you can disable it there.

Would like to know where to disable it globally.

0 votes
lucas perlich April 16, 2020

This is simply stupid, it does not help the team in any kind. It is some kind of advertisement. So is Jira Cloud now for free? No it is not,... so please do your advertising somewhere else and not there where I then need to explain multiple times to my colleagues that that is not something new we would like to use!!!

remove it now!!!!

btw,... I can not do as explained as I have no "try", I have a button "link opsgenie" and after that no possibility to remove some kind of message!

Rachiel Vasquez May 21, 2020

Hi Lucas,

You can remove it after clicking the button "link opsgenie". There's a link there "Turn off these messages". Click that and it will be gone, but you need to do it on all your projects one by one.

image.png

Charlie Frater May 29, 2020

The screen you shared never shows up for us - I found this:

Screenshot 2020-05-29 at 09.19.06.png

But clicking it gives the same popup as 'link ospgenie' instead of removing it...

Screenshot 2020-05-29 at 09.18.59.png

As far as I can tell we're not using opsgenie at all (it's not configured) but it displays for all projects and it's just clutter at this stage.

Worth noting I'm a JIRA Admin for our implementation (`JIRA Software`) and digging through 'Apps' config I can see that there's no setting to enable/disable it there

Am I missing something or is it just not possible to disable?

Zoltán Lehóczky May 29, 2020

It might be that this window was changed in the meantime, try getting in touch with Atlassian support.

Suggest an answer