Remove column from next-gen board?

Jennifer Lefeaux July 31, 2019

My team is brand-new to Jira.  Our workflow is under development as we converge on the right stages for our work.

We have a next-gen Kanban board on which we had a separate column for "Bugs", because we didn't know that we could use the Issue Type to distinguish Tasks from Bugs.  Now that we do know that, we have marked all of our bug issues as Bug type and moved them into the main To-Do column.

My question is, how do we get rid of the now-empty 'Bugs' column?  We've done a lot of Google searching and documentation reading, but can't figure out the answer to what would seem to be a relatively straightforward action

This is especially painful since next-gen is supposed to be 'perfect for small, autonomous teams that want to quickly jump in and get started' which describes us exactly.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2019

Hi Jennifer - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you hover to the right while on the column heading (name) you should see the 3 dot menu (...). Then you should be able to delete using that. 

Jennifer Lefeaux July 31, 2019

Done!  Gosh, thank you, that was driving me crazy :)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2019

Haha - took me a few minutes to find it, too! We don't use Next-gen projects, but I had created a test one a while back to help with things like this.  :-)

Suggest an answer