Remove Releases, Issues and Filter, Pages and Components for an Account.

Ryan Zore April 5, 2019

Hello,  I am looking to open up part of our Jira instance to a customer and would like them to have only the ability to add issues to a board and restrict navigation. 

Is it possible to remove the links mentioned in the title and the other navigation buttons on the left?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2019

Hello Ryan,

I hope you are having a nice day.

The features you mentioned are inbuilt in JIRA Cloud Application and cannot be hidden in the UI, however, you should be able to restrict its content (Issues and confidential information) for sure by using JIRA Security Levels or Project Permissions. 

Explaining better:

1 - Releases: The Releases menu is part of the JIRA Software Application. The menu cannot be hidden unless you remove JIRA software application access from the user, however, if you restrict the user from viewing the issues by Security level, no information about the releases will be displayed to him.

2 - Issues and Filters: This menu cannot be hidden from the user view too, however, you can also restrict the content returned here by Security level or Project Permissions.

3 - Pages: You can restrict its content on Confluence by configuring page restrictions.

4 - Components: Like the other JIRA Features, you can also restrict the content returned here by Security level or Project Permissions.

Let me know if this information helps.

Ryan Zore April 9, 2019

Thank you very much for the well written answer!

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2019

You are welcome, Ryan!

Have a nice day.

Suggest an answer