Reminder to log work

Lusca Fontoura June 10, 2021

Hey!

I'm trying to set up a rule to notify the assigne that he/she forgot to log work that day.

My idea is to check about 5PM if the assignee logged work, if not, notify the person via email.

I tried with this JQL, but it's not working, it's still getting the other tasks whithin:

project = XXX AND issuetype in (História, Task) AND status in ("XXX", "XXX", "XXX", XXX) AND worklogDate >= -1d

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2021

Hello @Lusca Fontoura ,

So if I understand correctly, you are trying to find the issues, which were not logged today, is that right? You could use:

project = XXX AND issuetype in (História, Task) AND status in ("XXX", "XXX", "XXX", XXX) AND worklogDate < startOfDay() AND assignee = currentUser()

Lusca Fontoura June 11, 2021

Yeah, that's what I'm trying.

I did what you suggested, but still not working. I begin to think that there's a bug.

When I try that JQL you suggested, it shows all the issues in the project.

I logged work on one of them, to see if something would change and the JQL still got me the same result.

I changed the JQL to "AND NOT" before workLogDate, to check if it gets just the one I logged work and this one worked well. So why the suggestion you gave me isn't work?

Isn't this a bug?

Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2021

That is interesting, I am trying this with different scenarios but everything works well for me with worklogDate < startOfDay():

• I tried to log the work to the past and log the work for today and the result is correct - only issues in the past are shown.
  • If I try worklogDate >= startOfDay(), only issues logged today are shown.
  • If I put NOT before worklogDate < startOfDay(), issues with log from today are shown, which is correct (works same for the other way around).
  • I tried that with combination of other fields, as project and status and everything works fine as well. 

The only thing I noticed is, that Jira ignores the time you enter during the log work - all the worklogs are always set to 00:00. So if you log now for today, the date and time would be "11/06/2021 00:00".

I cannot really tell for sure if this is a bug or not. I have just found this reported bug, which relates to NOT though: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-74621 , which also does not seem to appear for me though. 

Since you are on a Standard plan, I would suggest to raise a support ticket with Atlassian - that will probably be quicker and they can help you with that more. 

Also it would be nice to share the results of the solution with Atlassian here.

Regards,
Adam

Like Lusca Fontoura likes this
Lusca Fontoura June 13, 2021

So, what I was trying to do was the scenario 3, like this:

• project =XXX AND issuetype in (História, Task) AND status in ("X", "X", X) AND NOT worklogDate > startOfDay()

With this one I get the only issue I logged work today.

After that, I did some changes, and got the same result:

• project =XXX AND issuetype in (História, Task) AND status in ("X", "X", X) AND NOT worklogDate < startOfDay()

Looks like with > or < I get the same results, showing just the one I logged and not showing all the others. :(

Lusca Fontoura June 13, 2021

Actually I found a solution:

1. I made the filter I said before, with the tasks and stories that got work logged.

2. I made a second filter searching for all the tasks and stories in the project that are not in the previously filter.

Now I can keep working, hehe. :)

Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2021

Sorry, I see I linked wrong ticket before, should be this one, where this solution is mentioned: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-74624

Glad you got that working! I would keep checking the results of filter for couple of days, to see if everything is working fine, since it seems the behaviour of worklogDate is a bit weird.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events