Releases panel in old issue view

Steen Ole October 9, 2019

Is it true, that the releases panel is only available in the "new issue view"? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the old issue view.

releasespanel.pngreleasespanel_old.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2019

Hi Steen, 

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Yes, that's true. Previously we created a bug informing that the releases panel was not available in the old view, but our Product Manager Taylor answered that it's expected.

You can find the information on the link below:

The new release panel is only available on the new issue view on purpose. The new issue view will continue to rollout to all customers and all issue detail view locations (e.g. board, backlog, full page, etc.). Therefore, we will not be building this functionality in the old issue view.

Regards,
Angélica

Steen Ole October 10, 2019

Ok. Are there any plans for when the old issue view will be completely removed? 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2019

We still don't know when it will be removed, it will take a while. Before that, admins will receive a notification informing that the old view will not be available anymore.

Steen Ole November 26, 2019

Thank you for the information.

By the way. Are you aware that the Releases panel disappears from the screen if you make any changes to the issue layout? For instance moving or hiding a field.

I have raised a bug for this, but have a hard time convincing someone, that this actually makes the Releases panel really hard to use in reality.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-73330

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
November 28, 2019

Hi Steen,

I wasn't aware of the bug, thank you for sharing.

I saw that you added a video and also someone from Atlassian posted a video as an internal comment showing how to replicate, so I mentioned the Product manager who asked for the steps previously.

Let's wait for them to check (they are based in Sydney) and if there are no updates on the next days, please let me know.

Regards,
Angélica

Steen Ole January 14, 2020

@Angélica Luz This bug is still not fixed. It makes it impossible to use the Releases Panel, if you want to modify the issue layout. I don't understand how it can be considered Low priority.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-73330

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
January 15, 2020

Hi Steen,

I asked for an update again directly to them and hopefully, we will have an update soon. They are based in Sydney and I'm in Brazil, so tonight they will see my message and check the bug and if they don't, I'll ask again until we have information if there is any SLA they can share with us.

Regards,
Angélica

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
January 17, 2020

Hi @Steen Ole

They mentioned that it's a short therm backlog, so we believe that soon it will be fixed.

I also asked them to add an update on the bug ticket.

Like Steen Ole likes this
Kamil Sudoł May 15, 2020

@Angélica Luz  Is there any update on this? This bug is really annoying cuz you removed this feature from the old view but in the new issue view it's not fully working. As I reviewed the bug ticket nothing has changed - the priority, no response from the support..  

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
May 18, 2020

Hello @Kamil Sudoł,

The update is still the same I posted in January. I sent them a new message today and we must wait for them to post on the bug ticket.

Regards,
Angélica

Kamil Sudoł May 18, 2020

Thank you @Angélica Luz . I hope they solve it soon -  this feature would save a lot of time and many questions during the development.  On the other hand, as they put this bug in a short therm backlog in January and now we have May, I'm very pessimistic about their positive response. :(

Steen Ole August 3, 2020

@Angélica Luz I guess you did not have any luck reaching out to the responsible team...

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
August 4, 2020

Hi @Steen Ole,

Indeed they didn't reply to my last message. The last update is the one from January that they changed the status to Short Term Backlog.

I added a new comment on the bug mentioning them and hopefully, they will add an update.

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 10.24.48.png

Suggest an answer