Release does not remove tickets from kanban board

I am using a kanban board and in the past have been able to successfully click on the "Release" button to clear out the done column on the board. 

Since the UI update, I have not been able to clear the column.  I checked to make sure there was a resolution. When I go to the release hub, there are no errors.  After I click on release, it still shows the tickets. 

Any ideas? 

1 answer

0 vote

By default Kanban boards have a sub-filter, and this has a default value of:

fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY

If this is setup for your current board, then when the issues are released, they should then have a fixVersion value and no longer have null values for that field.  The issues are still in the agile reports, but if your subfilter is set this way, you should no longer see these issues on the board itself.

I suspect that perhaps your subfilter for this board has been modified in some way.  That is really the only way I can think as to why you could release issues and still see them on the board.   It might help to take a look at our documentation on Adding a Sub-filter for Kanban boards for more info on this.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Mar 28, 2018 in Jira Software

Can a company’s culture make or break agile adoption?

Can a new-to-agile team survive and thrive in a non-agile culture? If so, what advice would you give to those trying to be agile in a non-agile culture? What's the key(s) to success? Share your thoug...

12,021 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you