Release all versions, across multiple projects, with a given name using automation

Ben Ridler March 29, 2023

Hi Guys,

I create versions with the same name across multiple projects. One of the projects is Change Management. This allows me to include issues from multiple projects, plus a change management issue in a single version. This allows me to query all of the issues by version name. I've automated the creation of the version in multiple projects as well as the creation of the change management issue + assignment of the change management issue to the version. Handy!

Now, I'd like to automate the release of all of these versions when the change management issue is closed. Is there a way to identify the versions in multiple projects by name, then release each?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Najm Polaris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2023

Hi @Ben Ridler

You can release across projects using automation but for that you need to be the Jira administrator as you would need to run the automation across several projects where you want to close the same version. 

This is the automation below. I'm checking when an issue is moved to "Done" and if the issue closed is "Change Management". 

If the conditions match then I close the versions in each project. So you need to mention the version name along with the project after the condition. So there are some manual work involved as you need to update the version name in this automation after each release. 

download (2).png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

download (3).png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events