Related Issues Condition

Christina Leong May 21, 2021

I have a workflow with 12 different statuses. Five of the statuses need subtasks because the work needs to be completed by someone else.

I created a rule for each of these transitions to create a new subtask and assign it.

As each subtask gets completed, I have another rule to transition the parent story to the next status in my workflow. 

The first pair of rules works great. The next rule is exactly the same as the first, but it doesn't work. 

Here is the condition I have created 

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 9.36.09 AM.png

Below is the audit Log:

JQL search failed for some issues. This is most likely because the JQL with smart-values was not valid for this query:"((parent = HCONTENT-30) AND (false)) AND (project in (11488))" - Error in the JQL Query: 'false' is a reserved JQL word. You must surround it in quotation marks to use it in a query. (line 1, character 30)

How do I ensure that I don't get duplicate subtasks for the current trigger and also don't recreate previously completed tasks? 

Thank you! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2021

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/rules#/rule/new

do you use this trigger? - then your rule should be only executed once.

grafik.png

In subtasks, you could check with JQL if the issue type (or specific summary) already exists.

Suggest an answer